How to create the perfect wedding album
Your special day deserves a special album.
Your wedding book or album is something you will cherish forever. It’s that keepsake you can turn to time and time again to relive some of the happiest moments of your life. Decide which design is right for you and your partner with our tips below and let us help you eloquently tell your unique love story in the best way possible.
Selecting and organizing your photos.
Selecting and organizing your photos is the most important part of the creation process. Having a clear idea of how many photos you want and the order you want them in means half the work is done when you upload them to the design studio.
Whether the focus is on the chronology of the day or the emotional journey, ensure you organize your images to tell the story you want to tell.
Create a folder with your final selection of photos and label each starting from 1 in the order you want them in your book - this will save you time ordering them in the design studio.
Remember, less is often more. Fewer images means each one can truly stand out and embody the highlights of your nuptials. Need a bit of helping selecting your photos? Check out our easy to follow guide here.
Finding the right format.
- Offers a more timeless and traditional feel.
- Lay-flat, board pages allow every spread to lay completely flat.
- Offering up to 64 board pages.
- Perfect for a smaller wedding, or simply, a more timeless, intimate collection of your wedding day photos.
- Available in a leather finish for an exquisite, luxury feel.
- A more contemporary approach to the traditional wedding album.
- Offering up to 200 paper pages allowing you to display more photos.
- The Premium range offers four quality papers to choose from.
- Perfect for those wanting to celebrate every little aspect of their special day.
- The modern way to preserve your special day.
- 100-200 paper pages for every precious moment.
- Beautiful Matt card cover with double-sided printing
- Stunning cover designs with elegant typeface.
- Designer templates that make your magazine look like a professionally designed editorial.
Size it up.
Landscape, square or portrait? Review your photos and then match the orientation of them with the orientation of your book or album to ensure your photos display optimally. If you have a range - simply pick which orientation you like best. Landscape books and albums are by far the most popular choice. But we have a soft spot for our portrait formats; traditional yet elegant, they will look beautiful in your collection.
Large or medium? Consider where you will be displaying your keepsake - will it take pride of place on a coffee table inside a presentation box, or will it be placed on a bookshelf? Your precious memories should fit seamlessly into your day-to-day life so pick your size based on where it will be kept. Often people reflect their wedding in their size selection. If you had an intimate wedding, opt for a smaller design. If you had a more grand celebration, think about choosing a large landscape layout. Compare our range to find the right size and orientation for you.
It's all in the details.
Taking care with small details can really bring your nuptials to life on the page. Consider the following tips when telling your wedding story:
- For high drama, extend your photos all the way to the edge of the page. For more intimate photos, allow a lot of white space around them to help draw the viewer in.
- Play with text - consider adding quotes from speeches or nuptials, song lyrics from your first dance or simply moments you don't want to forget.
- Our professionally designed templates ensure a contemporary, timeless finish, however, if little tweaks to the layouts are required, you can re-position and drag-out image frames using our free transform tool. Discover how to choose the right image templates for your pictures here.
- Make sure photos are aligned with even spacing and use plenty of white space for a clean finish and a timeless feel.
- The type of paper you select - matt or coated, textured or smooth - can have a significant impact on how your photos look in print.
Judge a book by its cover.
The cover of your wedding book or album is the introduction to the story of your union. Depending on which book you select, you may need to decide between a simple text cover, a photo cover or a Designer Cover.
- A text cover offers a simple, understated and modern introduction to your love story.
- A custom cover image is a great way to introduce your story. It sets the tone from the first glance and is a great opportunity to choose that one outstanding image that makes you smile every time you see it.
- Choose from our beautifully designed templates that are UV printed onto your cover with subtly raised inks. There are customizable options for every occasion.
You’ll also need to select your choice of cover fabric - one that will impeccably capture the look and feel of your celebration. Our range of cover fabrics allows you to choose what's just right for you and what will best match the style of your nuptials. Our range includes:
- Premium Natural Linen (perfect for natural, earthy weddings).
- Classic Linen (Lightly textured, woven fabric with a range of color options).
- Premium Colored Linen (a colorful range of premium linens)
- Premium Coated Cloth with a subtle sheen (great for glitzy glam ceremonies).
- Black or white Italian leather (classic and versatile).
Keep it safe.
All of our medium and large photo books and albums come with the option to add on an elegant presentation box to keep your cherished memories safe from wear and tear. After all, you will want your keepsake to last a lifetime.
Never store your album upright, as this puts pressure on the binding, Instead lay-flat on a table. For best care of photo books and albums refer to our Care Guide.
Remember, you don’t have to end your wedding commemorations at a book or album. You can also create a wedding collection with wall prints and notecards for a more comprehensive celebration of your very own love story.